Good day from At Your Service for Seniors. This communication is to keep you advised of our current operations amid this challenging time of the Covid-19 pandemic. The safety and wellbeing of all our clients, families and Associates are of top priority to us. Accordingly, we have instituted protocol to limit potential exposure to coronavirus.
As a matter of process, at any time all Associates are asked to report any symptoms they may have such as fever, cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, chills, muscle pain or a headache. If they have:
• any of these symptoms or
• have been out of the country or
• had close contact with confirmed or probable COVID-19 case or person with acute respiratory illness in the last 14 days
they are asked to remain away from clients and contact their health professional and / or Public Health or Telehealth Ontario for further instructions. Further, we have reviewed infection control measures for cleaning and germ transmission with all Associates. The use of gloves and masks are always supported. Proper hand washing and avoidance of face touching are always stressed.
Associates are asked to communicate with clients (and or client’s family or power of attorney for personal care) prior to visiting their homes and review a screening checklist. They are asked if they:
• exhibit symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing
• if they have travelled outside Canada in last 14 days
• if they have had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case
• if they have had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside Canada in last 14 days.
Based on the answers, Associates are able to determine if they can enter the home or not and, if not, and will advise client to notify family doctor, Public Health or Telehealth Ontario for further instruction. We remain committed to providing high quality care and service to our clients, within an environment safe for all.