Meet Joan Turner, President of At Your Service for Seniors
- Lifelong friend to, and advocate for the elderly.
- Honoured to have been the daughter of an amazing woman – A compassionate, intelligent, dairy farm operator, manager and Public Health Nurse who steadfastly remained living in her own home until she passed away in June 2012. I shall always strive to make her proud!; And a fantastic man – A clever, witty, principled entrepreneur who ran his very successful dairy farm business with enormous dedication and hard work. Both my parents set the bar of achievement very high, and I continue to follow their example!
- Previous Member of London Seniors Community Association (SCA) (precursor to Age Friendly London).
- Past Chair of Transportation Committee – a derivative of SCA – Note both the SCA & the Transportation Committee have been folded into the citywide efforts known as ‘Age Friendly London’
- Bachelor Of Arts in Administrative & Commercial Studies, UWO
- Previously Certified as Administrator of Long Term Care Facility
- Certificate in Human Resource Management, Fanshawe College
- Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Fanshawe College
- Seventeen years in Customer Service Management at acute care hospital
- First Aid and CPR Certified
Formation of At Your Service for Seniors
At Your Service for Seniors was formed and incorporated in August 2008 by Joan Turner. It arose out of a passion to:
- Enhance the situation for some of the most vulnerable members of the community.
- Ease the strain on the healthcare system in an economical way that would support seniors remaining in their own homes.
- Seize an opportunity to be proactive by providing some of the necessary non medical support to keep our elderly citizens healthy, active and socialized in the London community.
I look forward to providing exceptional care to each and every client At Your Service for Seniors provides services to, and my unwavering commitment to helping senior citizens live enriched, independent lives in their own homes guides At Your Service for Seniors’ daily operation.
If you have any questions about what we do, please consult our FAQ page for commonly asked questions.